The Ashendene Press was a small private press founded by Charles Henry St John Hornby (1867–1946). It operated from 1895 to 1915 in Chelsea, England, and was revived after the war in 1920. The press closed in 1935.
Most Ashendene editions used one of two fonts which were specially cast for the Press: Subiaco, which was based on a fifteenth-century Italian type cast by Sweynheim and Pannartz in Subiaco, Italy, and to a lesser extent Ptolemy. Some Ashendene books, such as that by St. Francis of Assisi, were illustrated with wood-engravings, but the majority were printed solely using type.