A native of the province of Oristano, his parents were originally from Nuoro, where the family comes back in 1918.
In 1930 he won one of two scholarships for Corporate Economics Consortium (the other bag goes to Salvatore Fancello) and begins to follow the courses of the ' ISIA in Monza.
After graduating in 1936 he began to collaborate with the Technical Advertising Olivetti in Ivrea (a company which was already working Nivola his countryman and fellow student at 'ISIA) and became its manager in 1940. Pintori produced promotional material of any kind: posters, advertisements, signs. In 1950 he won the first of a long series of awards: the Golden Palm of the Italian Federation of Advertising.
In 1952, the MoMA of New York organized the exhibition Olivetti: Design in Industry, in which his work is widely represented. In 1953 he joined of AGI (Alliance Graphique Internationale) in 1955, with an exhibition at the Louvre, a room dedicated to his work for Olivetti. Also in 1955 received the Certificate of Excellence of Graphic Arts AIGA (Association of American graphic designer) and, the following year, the Gold Medal and First Prize Diploma of Graphic Line of the Milan Fair. In 1957 he was awarded the diploma of Grand Prix XI Triennale of Milan in the same year he exhibited in London with the AGI.
After the death of Adriano Olivetti (1960) continues to garner prestigious awards such as the International Typographic Excellence Award from the Type Directors Club of New York in 1964. In 1966 he exhibited a solo show in Tokyo.
Various newspapers publish his images: Fortune, Graphic Design, Horizon. In 1967 Olivetti leaves and works as a freelancer for Pirelli, Ambrosetti, Gulls, Parks Liguria, Merzario.
In recent years, returns to devote himself solely to painting. He died in Milan in 1999.