Swiss modernist graphic designer Hans Neuburg is one of the pioneers of the International Typographic Style along with Brockmann, Crouwel, Aicher, Hofmann, Casey. Neuburg grew up in Zurich, where he received technical-teaching at Orell Füssli. From 1932 he was head of publisher Jean Haecky Import AG in Basel. In 1936 he had his own design studio in Zurich. He was editor of various graphic magazines such as Camera, New graphics and art critic for Tages-Anzeiger, the Neue Zürcher Zeitung, and created major exhibitions in Prague, Zurich, Brussels, Bern and Lausanne. In 1963, he was Vice President of the International Association of graphic Icograda.
In the 1950s he was part of the editing team of the “Neue grafik – New Graphic Design – Graphisme actuel” magazine, together with Richard Paul Lohse, Josef Müller-Brockmann and Carlo Vivarelli. Graphic design is presented into a wide range of applications: from advertising, type, commercial architecture, and exposition or industrial documentation. He later wrote 3 books about these fields: Graphic design in the swiss industry, Publicity and graphic design in the chemical industry and Conception of international exhibition.